December 2, 2020 7:30PM
Reel Talks: Team Marco
MATRIX:MIDLAND enriches lives through the celebration of art, science and the humanities. Presenting fresh ideas that are both inspiring and thought provoking. In that spirit we are introducing MATRIX: VIRTUAL Cinema Discussions. With discussions occurring every other week, be ready to dive right in at 7:30 PM. The event is free but registration is required.
Marco, 12, is obsessed with his iPad and hardly leaves the house. But when his grandmother dies and his grandfather moves in, Marco's life is turned upside-down and he's forced...to go play outside. "Nonno" (Grandpa) introduces him to bocce ball and to the neighborhood crew of old Italian men who play daily at the local court. With sport, laughter and love, Marco finds connection to other people and rounds up a team of neighborhood kids to take on Marco's grandfather and his pals
Wednesday, December 2, 2020 | 7:30 PM
1 hours 32 min
Title: Team Marco
Hosts: Junia Doan and Lisa Ungerleider with the film's director, Julio Vincent Gambuto
Rent the Film for $12 at this link!
(50% of your rental comes to the Center!)
Questions to consider while watching:
- Who taught you outside of the classroom?
- What did your learn from your grandparents?
- WHere do you see aspects of yourself in the mother, grandson, or grandfather?
Here’s how you can be a part of the discussion:
- This is NOT a Live Stream viewing of the film. Please rent the film at the link above, watch the film on your own time, at your pace, prior to our discussion on December 2.
- Register for the discussion(s) you would like to join. The event is free but registration is required. The registration deadline is 7 PM on the day of the discussion.
- Connect with people from around the region and enjoy some Reel Talk!
About Junia Doan: Junia would like to see MATRIX return to showing new films and interviewing someone associated with the film, in this case, the director. Junia likes biographies, briards and bingeing on brownies. She also likes soft materials and sunsets.
About Lisa Ungerleider: An active volunteer at the Center, Lisa has lived in Midland since 2008. Lisa, her husband, and their two young-adult children are avid fans of "all things NYC.” A perfect summer evening finds them taking in a lively game at Yankee Stadium, capped off by cannoli and espresso at Ferrara's in Little Italy.
Registration will close at 7 PM on Wednesday, December 2. The Zoom link will be sent to the registrants by 7:15 PM that evening, for the discussion to begin promptly at 7:30 PM.
Please select the number you wish to register from the drop down below, and click "Add to Cart" to begin the registration process.
If you find this message in error, please check your reservation request and try again.